Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Daily Vitamin - "Rest"

Rest
Matthew 11:28-29(NLT) Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 

A lot of the time we think of rest as not doing anything. here Jesus said carry His yoke fo rHe is humble and gentle. Its how we carry the burdens or heavy loads. do they wear us down. then we colapse or do we walk as Jesus walked, even being humble is not being weak. a lot of the times we really don't know what words mean. Rest in music just means to take a pause, a break like in V29 you will be able to take a break a short pause, in V28 its to be refreshed so if you read it like that come unto me and let me refresh you! and let your soul take a break Wow! sounds good doesn't it. we want to make life harder than it really is.

Allow Jesus to refresh you today and then let your soul take a break. once we become weary it's hard to be a blessing to others, Come to Jesus and be a blessing to others, Sir Gregory

No comments:

Post a Comment