Friday, September 9, 2011

Daily Vitamin - "Body"

Body

1 Corinthians 9:24-27(CEV)
24You know that many runners enter a race, and only one of them wins the prize. So run to win!
25 Athletes work hard to win a crown that cannot last, but we do it for a crown that will last forever.
26I don’t run without a goal. And I don’t box by beating my fists in the air.
27I keep my body under control and make it my slave, so I won’t lose out after telling the good news to others.

In verse 27 Paul says I keep my body under control, he didn't say i keep me under control! That's because he was not his body, just like we are not our body. We are spiritual beings living in a temporary shelter. It's time we really get this, I mean really get this, maybe I should say it again really get this. If we were going to compete in any competition whether that be a race or a debate, we would take time to either train or study the subject. so why don't we take the time and study or get to know the one or ones we will spend eternity with. We will spend millions of dollars on our looks but won't take the time to learn about ourselves let alone about Jesus! It should not be! I'm not saying we shouldn't take care of our shelter but lets work on the inside also!

Today realize you are a spiritual being, take control of your fleshly desires and spend time with the inner you. be a blessing, Sir Gregory

No comments:

Post a Comment