Thursday, September 22, 2011

Daily Vitamin - "Traded"

Traded
Genesis 25:29-34(TMSG)

29One day Jacob was cooking a stew. Esau came in from the field, starved.
30Esau said to Jacob, “Give me some of that red stew—I’m starved!” That’s how he came to be called Edom (Red).
31Jacob said, “Make me a trade: my stew for your rights as the firstborn.”
32Esau said, “I’m starving! What good is a birthright if I’m dead?”
33Jacob said, “First, swear to me.” And he did it. On oath Esau traded away his rights as the firstborn.
34
Jacob gave him bread and the stew of lentils. He ate and drank, got up and left. That’s how Esau shrugged off his rights as the firstborn.

What an interesting thing to trade your birthright for a bowl of soup. We think this is a ridicules, stop and think how many times we have traded, the things of God for a few minutes of pleasure or compromised our belief's to get ahead with a little money. Told a white lie so we would look better. I could go on and on! What seems silly to us giving up our right for some soup. We do all the time, thinking we will die, or the what if question. Jesus came and redeemed our birth-right back, He didn't just trade for it He gave up His life. So we could carry on!

Hang up a sign"Not for Sale" over your life and be a blessing, Sir Grgeory  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment