Saturday, September 17, 2011

Daily Vitamin -"Think"

Think

Romans 12:1-2(NLT)

1And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.
2Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Ever ask what's God's will for my Life? I'm sure you have just like anyone who has made Christ their Lord and Savior. We want to know, but most of  us don't take the time to to really seek God, or let alone let Him change our way of thinking. So how do we do that, first of all I would say spend time with Him in prayer asking questions, spend time in His word, spend time with other believers (not just anyone but those you are close to and you  trust, people have good intentions but all aren't listening to God) discussing whats on your mind, your thoughts and plans. The verse above says if we allow God to transform how we think, then we will learn God's will for us. Now that's good and really isn't rocket science.  In Jeremiah 29:11-14 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you,” says the LORD. “I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and will bring you home again to your own land.”  Most of the time we stop at verse 11 but when we read on He says when you pray, seek Him wholeheartedly He will listen and restore us. I believe this is a key, we have been enslaved by our culture's thinking. Then we wonder why things get all crazy why can't we hear God or better yet we ask were is God when all along He's right there waiting on us. Today take some time pray and ask God what He truly wants for you. I bet you'll be surprised! I'm not going to tell you what he wants but I will say "It's All Good!"

 Hebrews 11:25 says that Jesus lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf. So why not take some time today and intercede on your own behalf. So you may be a blessing
Sir Gregory

No comments:

Post a Comment